The Premier’s Research and Industry Fund (PRIF) Research Consortia Program (RCP) provides funding for significant research collaborations between universities, other research organisations, government and industry to tackle major challenges in areas of critical need and/or strategic importance to South Australia aligned to the state’s economic priorities.
Funding will target innovative research which provides solutions and can be used by South Australian businesses to grow their business and create jobs.
The objectives of the RCP are to:
- Strategically address large scale research challenges in areas of critical need and/or strategic importance to South Australia, aligned to the state’s economic priorities.
- Develop and support local, national and international networks and collaborations that bring together academic, industry, private and public organisations to address research challenges.
- Support research that pursues innovative solutions with the potential to be used where possible by South Australian companies.
- Link existing research strengths and build critical mass and capacity for interdisciplinary approaches to address defined research challenges.
- Attract and retain world-leading researchers from within Australia and abroad.
- Develop and support promising early to mid-career researchers and postgraduate research students.
It is anticipated that these program objectives will also help to grow innovative companies and establish more start-ups in South Australia, leading to employment, economic growth and public good outcomes.
Successful Research Consortia will be selected through a competitive two-stage process.
- A call for Expression of Interest (EOI) applications will be made in the first instance. The Expressions of Interest will be assessed and then shortlisted by a selection panel.
Submissions must be lodged by close of business 17 June 2016.
- Applications will be invited from this shortlist and will be assessed by a selection committee and external experts. Applicants will subsequently be invited to participate in interviews.
Applications must be lodged by close of business 28 October 2016.
Applications must meet the eligibility criteria and it is essential that all candidates read and understand the program guidelines before submitting an EOI.
Submit an expression of interest
For more information contact
Premier’s Research and Industry Fund
Senior Project Officer, Office of Science
Department of State Development
Phone (08) 8207 8778