The South Australian Government provides assistance and services to local companies exporting overseas. This includes market intelligence, in-market support and direct financial assistance to promote exports.
Staff in our overseas offices can provide in-market assistance, including local market awareness and knowledge, business matching, introductions and networking and logistical support for business trips.
Exporting has many advantages, no matter what size or type of business you operate.
If you are thinking about exporting, it’s important that you know as much as possible about operating in foreign markets, and that your organisation, products and services are export ready.
The Export Partnership Program is a South Australian Government program which assists small to medium-sized firms prepare for export, apply for funding.
The following organisations also provide specific information and resources to help you on your exporting way
Resources and downloads
- Export Partnership Program provides funding assistance for small and medium-sized businesses to access new global markets through marketing and export development opportunities.
- TradeStart is a free service to assist your business to develop overseas markets. This program is offered in partnership with Austrade.
- Austrade provides a range of assistance for new and existing exporters.
- Australian Customs Information Centre provides information relevant to exporting goods.
- Australian Institute of Export (AIEx) provides nationally accredited training endorsed by the Australian National Training Authority (ANTA).
- Business SA provides education and training to support export activities.
- Business SA’s Export Ready Program assists South Australian businesses who are new to exporting; not yet exporting but seriously considering taking the next big step; or already exporting but looking to increase and optimise results. For more information and starting dates visit Business SA’s Export Ready Program.
- Council for International Trade and Commerce South Australia (CITCSA) for networking and subsidies to participate in trade shows.
- Export Finance and Insurance Corporation (EFIC) for export credit, insurance and financial services.
- IP Australia for information relating to patents, trademarks and logos.
- Practitioners Directory published by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters provides a searchable listing of all accredited translators and interpreters in Australia by language.
- Standards Australia for regulatory compliant requirements in your destination market.