An extensive business mission calendar is planned for 2017.
The South Australian Government will take delegates to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), South East Asia, China, Europe, USA, North East Asia and India.
2017 Travel calendar
Download PDF | 338 KB
Why you should participate in a business mission
South Australian businesses and organisations looking to export into key international growth markets will benefit from the Government support provided to help build and foster international connections and partnerships.
Accompanying the South Australian Government on a business mission in 2017 will provide the opportunity to:
- participate in business-to-business matching sessions facilitated by Austrade and the South Australian Government
- meet local distributors and importers
- secure international orders for products and services
- meet potential investment partners
- develop skills and experience within international markets
- enhance your international profile
- better understand the cultural and regulatory requirements in international markets.
Advice for travellers
There are a number of measures delegates should be aware of when travelling on a South Australian Government business mission, including cultural awareness, cyber-crime and information security.
For further information visit Smart Traveller.
Where do we take you in 2017?
The Government of South Australia identified the following priority regions:
10 September to 17 September 2017 – Germany, the Netherlands, France (Bretagne & Paris) and United Kingdom
The mission will provide a platform for South Australian businesses to attract potential customers, importers and European partners, to meet with key decision-makers to gain an in-depth understanding of business opportunities in the European region.
Specialised business stream activities will be available and delegates have the flexibility to visit other countries or regions to match their business interests.
South Australian companies involved in the following key sectors of growth:
- Innovation, research and education
- Advanced manufacturing
- Health, medical research, biotech and medtech
- Agribusiness, food, food processing and wine
- Renewable energy.
Depending on interest, other sectors may be included. Email the Europe team firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a specific sector not listed above.
For more information see Europe
6 October to 15 October 2017 – Japan, Korea and Taiwan
The North East Asia business mission will provide a platform for South Australian businesses to attract potential customers, importers and partners, and meet with key decision-makers to gain an in-depth understanding of opportunities arising in the North East Asia region.
The major business streams will include:
- Premium food, wine and beverage
- Higher education and vocational education training
- Defence industries - aviation, aerospace, maritime and advanced manufacturing
- Health industries - research, biotechnology and medical devices.
15 October to 21 October 2017 – focusing on wine only
A dedicated wine program will be delivered for wine exporters interested in raising their branding and products profile in the United States market.
Activities scheduled will occur in California and Texas and aim to position South Australia as the premium wine capital of Australia:
- Visit to Napa Valley and meet best of wine tourism category winners
- Hear from wine industry associations in the United States on current trends and partnership opportunities
- Tasting event for top importers and distributors in partnership with local retailers.
For more information about this mission email email@example.com
AmCham Aerospace and Defence mission 15 - 20 October 2017
For companies interested in a defence mission the South Australian Government is joining the AmCham Aerospace and Defence mission to the United States which will be led by Maureen Dougherty, President of Boeing Australia, NZ and South Pacific and AmCham Chairman, and South Australian Minister for Investment and Trade and Defence Industries, the Hon Martin Hamilton-Smith MP.
For further information about the mission and to express your interest visit Aerospace and Defence mission
8 March to 19 March 2017 - Iran, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar and Saudi Arabia
Travel to Qatar and Saudi Arabia may be available for specialised business stream activity.
- Agribusiness and investment
- Resources and energy
- Water management
To enquire about the China Business Mission, email Michelle Brown firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8303 2458.
Dates and cities will vary according to each individual business stream.
Trade (Jinan, Qingdao, Linyi/Yantai, Shanghai and Guangzhou) 8–16 May
This is suitable for current exporters to China. Business matching activities focused on scheduled meetings with potential suppliers and distributers (based on information provided by participants).
Research and development (Beijing, Shandong and Guangzhou) 8–15 May
This is suitable for research focused entities. An opportunity to explore China’s R&D environment, including information sessions, site visits and meetings with potential partners.
Education and training (Shandong and Shanghai) 8–15 May
This is suitable for entities seeking to explore partnerships and student recruitment.
Water (Shandong) 8–15 May
This is suitable for water service and product companies who are interested in the sponge city initiative, as well as other water management and sustainable irrigation opportunities in Shandong Province. Specific areas of focus will include stormwater management, green infrastructure design and implementation, small scale wastewater treatment, irrigation efficiency technologies, rainwater harvesting and managed aquifer recharge.
Health and aged care (Shandong) 8–12 May
This is suitable for companies with export-ready products and services in the medical device, health services and aged care sectors.
Business development (Shandong) 8–15 May
A familiarisation mission for those companies not yet exporting to China (please note places are limited).
Please note: There are a number of additional events in China that may be of interest to South Australian companies including:
- Hofex, Hong Kong (8–11 May) and post event activities in Shenzhen and Guangzhou 12 May (organised by Austrade)
- AFL match, Shanghai (14 May)
- Various health related events, Shanghai (15–18 May)
- SIAL Shanghai (17–19 May)
- Wine Australia China Roadshow, Beijing, Chongqing, Zhengzhou and Fuzhou (12– 19 May).
- Registration does not guarantee participation
- Mission participants are expected to meet their own costs
- A non-refundable $200 administration fee for each mission will be required to be paid by delegates
- Participation is subject to terms and conditions.
The State Government’s International Business Mission Program also comprises an inbound mission calendar, hosting business and government representatives from our international target regions at times throughout the year aligning to major activities showcasing the State.
Major activities include:
- Tour Down Under
- Adelaide Fringe
- Adelaide Festival
- Royal Adelaide Show
- International Astronautical Congress
- Pacific International Maritime Expo Defence
- AusBiotech Conference
For more information email email@example.com