The Mining Industry Participation Office (MIPO) Advisory Council has a key role in recommending projects for Centre of Excellence funding.
How to get involved
If you believe you have a new idea or project that is relevant to the Mining and Petroleum Centre of Excellence objectives, contact us.
Projects will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Build on existing SA comparative advantage, either in terms of research, industry or natural endowments
- Have industry funding or in-kind support
- Have material impact and be identified as priority for industry
- Solve problems which industry can't solve itself, for reasons such as incomplete or asymmetrical information or common resource problems
- Have multiple partners and require a collaborative approach
- Be publicly reportable.
For more information see the current projects
Download documents to apply
Dates for 2018 applications to be confirmed