The scholarship is intended to assist Aboriginal people to undertake full time undergraduate study at a South Australian university by providing financial assistance towards meeting living and study-related costs.
The late Terry Roberts was State Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation from 6 March 2002 until his passing on 18 February 2006. He was a passionate advocate for Aboriginal people and won the admiration and respect of South Australia's Aboriginal communities.
The winner of the 2016 scholarship was announced on 29 August 2016 . Read the Minister news release - Scholarship for Aboriginal veterinary student.
Value of the scholarship
The value of the scholarship is $2,000 per annum. The scholarship is available for a period up to four years (a maximum of $8,000).
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and be involved with their community
- be a resident of South Australia
- be enrolled as a Commonwealth Supported full time student in an undergraduate program of study at a university in South Australia
- be eligible for ABSTUDY, Austudy, Youth Allowance etc
- not have previously completed an undergraduate course at any university.
Closing date for applications: 5:00 PM Friday, 21 April 2017
Download PDF | 290 KB