South Australia is committed to supporting the Stolen Generations through the Stolen Generations Reparations Scheme.
The South Australian Government has established an $11m Stolen Generations Reparations Scheme.
A $6m Individual Reparations Scheme is making ex-gratia payments to Aboriginal people who are eligible for reparations under the policy criteria of the scheme.
A further $5m has been allocated to creating a Stolen Generations Community Reparations Fund. The Fund was established to recognise the grief, pain and loss experienced by Aboriginal communities, families and individuals and to also support a range of proposals that can assist in the healing process.
The introduction of the scheme is a significant step in South Australia’s Reconciliation journey – one which provides for reparations but also enables Aboriginal people affected by Stolen Generations policies to tell their stories as an important part of the healing process.
The Individual Reparations Scheme is now closed.
Phone 08 8463 6533
Mobile 0466 451 651
For counselling and support, please visit the following organisations:
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Agency, Nunkuwarrin Yunti of South Australia Phone 08 8406 1600
- Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement Phone 1800 643 222, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relationships Australia SA Phone 1800 188 118
Watto Purrunna Aboriginal Primary Health Care Service:
- Muna Paiendi, corner Mark and Oldham Roads, Elizabeth Vale SA 5112
Phone 08 8182 9206
- Maringga Turtpandi, GP Plus Super Clinic, 1 Gilles Crescent, Hillcrest SA 5086
Phone 08 7425 8900
- Wonggangga Turtpandi, corner Church and Dale Street, Port Adelaide SA 5015
Phone 08 9240 9611
- Kanggawodli, 16-22 Clements Street, Dudley Park SA 2250
Phone 08 8342 2250
Community Reparations Fund
The Community Reparations Fund was established to support projects that will promote healing for the Stolen Generations, their families and the wider community.
A funding round that was finalised in October 2017 has enabled 20 projects to be funded to a total of $1.25m.
A second funding round has now been completed and the following organisations will be supported to undertake seven projects to a value of $406,565:
- Aged Rights Advocacy Service
- Ara Irititja Aboriginal Corporation
- Blackwood Reconciliation Group (funded for two projects)
- Port Lincoln Aboriginal Health Service
- SA Stolen Generations Aboriginal Corporation
- Yellaka Aboriginal Culture and Dance Group, auspiced by Tauondi Aboriginal Corporation
Download PDF | 215.7 KB
Download PDF | 144 KB
Community consultations identified possible project themes including oral histories, Aboriginal family and community history, healing, arts and cultural activities, memorials and places of reflection, and, preserving and making accessible documents that are important to Stolen Generations and their families.
Download PDF | 2.78 MB
For more information contact
Phone (08) 8463 6519
Mobile 0466 501 132