Building the capacity of Aboriginal people and employers to gain and maintain employment.
Aboriginal Participation Brokers work in regions to facilitate and broker strategic and operational solutions to local learning, training and employment needs, and in particular to prepare Aboriginal people for local jobs identified by employers.
Programs for Aboriginal people include:
- Aboriginal Apprenticeship and Mentoring Program: assisting Aboriginal people into trade-based apprenticeships and traineeships in the private sector.
- Aboriginal Job Ready Program: building the capacity of Aboriginal job seekers, particularly those who face barriers to participation in the workforce, to access learning, skills development and employment opportunities.
- Aboriginal Leadership Program: promoting opportunities for Aboriginal people to participate on South Australian Government boards and committees, providing information about and assistance to participate in leadership development training and opportunities for Aboriginal public sector employees to apply for senior positions.
- Aboriginal Pathways to Excellence Traineeship Program: providing career development, mentoring, training pathways and employment placement for young people through the South Australian Aboriginal Sports Training Academy.
- Aboriginal Public Sector Program: assists South Australian Public Sector agencies to source Aboriginal applicants from an Aboriginal Employment Register to fill their employment vacancies. Concurrently, Aboriginal jobseekers are recruited to join the Aboriginal Employment Register where they are referred to short term public sector vacancies (up to 12 months).
- Connecting Aboriginal People to Resource Industries Program: increasing training and employment outcomes for Aboriginal people in the resource industries sector.
Programs for employers include:
- Aboriginal Apprenticeship and Mentoring Program: assisting private sector employers to support Aboriginal people in trade-based apprenticeships and traineeships.
- Aboriginal Employment Industry Clusters Initiative: building the capacity of South Australian employers across a number of targeted industries to provide long term, meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities for Aboriginal people.
- Connecting Aboriginal People to Resource Industries Program: funding for programs to train and employ Aboriginal people in the resource industries sector.