Mining Industry Participation Office (MIPO) has been created to help South Australian manufacturing companies meet the supply demands of the expanding mineral and energy resources industry.
MIPO is helping deliver two of the government's Economic Priorities:
- Unlocking our resources, energy and renewables
- Growth through innovation.
MIPO has been established to help build South Australia’s mineral and energy resources supply chain capability and assist local companies to capture opportunities from national and global resources projects.
MIPO helps suppliers understand the requirements of resource project proponents by:
- providing information on future projects
- identifying gaps in local capability and providing data on the opportunities that exist
- working with companies to build capability and capacity
- partnering with Invest in South Australia to target investment attraction efforts.
Via a range of government programs, MIPO will:
- assist local firms to build capacity and capability to meet the needs of the state’s resources projects
- develop centres of excellence that bring together South Australian manufacturing firms with key resource sector providers
- foster partnerships across the manufacturing, services, research and resources sectors, making business intelligence more readily available
- work with industry to establish clusters where companies, through a collaborative approach, can boost their capabilities and capacity to supply to a range of projects. This will also help those involved to continually improve their skills and knowledge and those of their industry partners.
For more information contact
Manager, Mining Industry Participation Office
Phone: (08) 8303 2247