A $10 million Small Business Development Fund has been established to help small businesses in northern Adelaide to grow and create sustainable jobs.
Established as part of the Northern Economic Plan, the Fund will give small businesses and start-ups exclusively in the Playford, Port Adelaide Enfield and Salisbury council areas the opportunity to apply for financial support through two dedicated Grant programs over three years.
Start-Up Business Grants
Grants worth up to $20,000 each will be available to assist entrepreneurship and new business establishment in northern Adelaide.
Approved business fundamentals courses
- A Guide to Starting a New Business - TAFE SA
- Business Fundamentals - Polaris Business and Innovation Centre
- Forward Gears Business Fundamentals - Civil Contractors Federation SA
- How to Succeed in Business for Startups & Entrepreneurs – Adelaide Business Hub Port Adelaide
Contact us if your organisation offers a workshop or short course (one day duration or less) for new small businesses in northern Adelaide.
Download PDF | 486 KB
Download PDF | 273 KB
Business Expansion Grants
Grants worth between $10,000 and $100,000 are available to support activities that grow small, established businesses in northern Adelaide.
How to apply:
Applications for both Grant programs are now open and will be assessed every six to eight weeks. The program is currently funded until June 2019.
Application deadlines and the relevant assessment dates are as follows:
- 12 July 2017 – 5:00pm (for assessment on 26 July 2017)
- 1 November 2017 – 5:00pm (for assessment on 15 November 2017)
- 6 September 2017 – 5:00pm (for assessment on 20 September 2017)
Please note that these dates may be subject to change.
Applications received after a deadline will automatically be considered at the following assessment date and do not need to be resubmitted.
For more information about applications, eligibility and criteria please see guidelines below.
Department of State Development
Phone: (08) 8303 2281